Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Help! need to open FP3 files

This topic is 8660 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi! I'm new here. My friend left town with her computer and FMP 3.0 program and gave me some important stuff in .FP3 files. Problem is I don't have FMP 3.0. Can I get a used copy of the program and how much $?

OR

I have MS Office 97. I don't think Access 97 can translate .FP3, how about Excel 97, or?

Thanks a lot,

Narayan

Hi

You can buy a new copy of FMP (v5) and it will convert the file into the current format and you can then use it to create many more useful databases.... and you could send a copy of the .fp5 file to your friend so she knows what it feels like wink.gif (as FMPv3 can't open .fp5 files)... or you could try and pick up a second hand copy of an older version of FMP.

Access and Excel can't open a .fp3 file directly... you will need a copy of FMP to open the file and then export the data as an Excel file from within FMP.

quote:

Originally posted by Narayan:

Hi! I'm new here. My friend left town with her computer and FMP 3.0 program and gave me some important stuff in .FP3 files. Problem is I don't have FMP 3.0. Can I get a used copy of the program and how much $?

OR

I have MS Office 97. I don't think Access 97 can translate .FP3, how about Excel 97, or?

Thanks a lot,

Narayan

------------------

Andrew McCallum

McCALLUM CONSULTING P/L

Sydney, Australia

61 2 9585 8775

61 407 482 609

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by amccallum (edited July 17, 2000).]

• 4 weeks later...

I think that Microsoft recently released an import filter for Excel 98 that allows it to directly import FMP databases.

It may only work with FMP5, I dunno.

This link won't get you there, but it might get you close...

http://www.microsoft.com/macoffice/

This topic is 8660 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.