Portal. From bottom to top?

Arthurb

This topic is 8468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Trying to create a ledger card metephor. Transactions in the portal are posted starting at the top and moving down organized by date (most recent at bottom and oldest at top).

Would like to display to default at the bottom of the portal and show the last "n" records (The most recent) from the bottom of the portal up. Is there a way to do this conveniently.

I know you can do this by setting bits on/off in the child records to allow only those records to show that are most recent. But, this cuts off the ability to scroll through all records.

Any ideas?

Yes, but the trick is to go to the correct portal before going to the last record in it. To do this, use the "Go to Field" step picking a field that appears in the portal you want. Then, "Go to Portal Row[Last]". Then "Go to Field" picking a field in the other portal, and then another "Go to Portal Row[Last]".

I think the problem is that once you "click out" of the portal it scrolls back up to the top. If there are two portals on the page then only one can be scrolled down to the last.

I think a solution is to work out how to do with just one portal.

This topic is 8468 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.