Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMPro40.1- Wrong record showing!

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I manage a FMPro4.0v1 db for a large company and do not have a lot of experiance with FMPro. Recently, and intermittenly, a search from the FMPro intranet web site will pull up an incorrect record. The record that comes up is always the record after the record that is being called. Their is a unique recordID for each record. What is the problem? How can I fix it.

Currently I have to duplicate the record and delete the offending record on a daily basis(This does not always fix the problem as some records get into a "loop"). The search is by list box name and user entered date.

I have tryied re numbering the recordID's but no go. Can this be fixed or do I have to wait till my company can afford a reliable db like Access? (Just Kidding)

Thanks for any help you can give.

JoeyBoy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

How is the "search" being conducted? If it being done by a script without the "Perform find" script step (that is, if "Loops" and "go to next record" and such are being used), you might be bringing up an extra record you do not need.

I would examine a script and check it for logic. Try to "perform your find", then enter it in your script and "Replace" the find request when you close the script.

Matt

• 1 month later...

The find is being peformed over the web through Web Companion. This find error was a documented bug early on and was fixed in a patch. One of the reasons to keep your copy of FMP up-to-date with the freely downloaded patches from the FileMaker pro web site http://www.filemaker.com/

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.