Server Maintenance This Week. ×

check IMAP mail from FMSA

This topic is 4914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi:

I'm evaluating this plugin for a CRM app. The solution will be hosted on a FMSA 11 server, clients FM 11 Windows based for now.

A request has been made to see if we can have the CRM app connect to an exchange mailbox and pull copies of any emails on the account into the database itself.

By design, I would probably have users create sub folder off the INBOX called CRM Import and have the system import emails in that folder alone, then run a matching script to associate the email with an account in their name on the system.

My question is, if this plugin is installed on the FM Server, which is inside our network would an IMAP connection be created from the server, or would the IMAP connection be created from the client?

On the lan, we host IMAP so a connection created from the server would work, externally however, we do not so if the connection is created at the client app, then it would not work)

thanks

If you use IWP or a server scheduled script the connection would be created from the server to the IMAP server. If you are using FileMaker pro then the connection would be from the FMP client to the IMAP server.

If you can send email from your client machines using the same information as you want to use when sending email from filemaker pro then you will be able to configure the Email plugin to send emails out as well.

If you want connect to an exchange server you will need to make sure that IMAP is enabled on the server and the Simple Authentication is also turned on. The email plugin cannot connect to an exchange service through the Exchange protocol.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 4914 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.