network access to a server hosted file

This topic is 8606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I just registered today and after a search of the archives with no (pertinent) results I thought I would post this problem.

A client cannot access hosted files. The host can be seen and the hosted files can be seen however once a file is chosen, the program esentially locks up. Upon selection the proper hosted file, an hour glass appears for about 2 seconds and is then followed by the little network squigly and then it just sits there with no action. It acts as if it cannot make the network connection with the hosted file. All other clients are working properly.

I have uninstalled the program, FM 4.0, and reinstalled it 3 different times. Network protocols were checked and seem to be in good order (TCP/IP). The files are hosted by a server running NT and FM server 3.0.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and it is great to have a list available such as this.

• 3 weeks later...

Suggest you check your cables (Network), There might be packet loss. Ethernet (if that is what you have) cable companies have special tools to determine the packet sending and receiving.

quote:

Originally posted by Cocahoe:

Hello,

I just registered today and after a search of the archives with no (pertinent) results I thought I would post this problem.

A client cannot access hosted files. The host can be seen and the hosted files can be seen however once a file is chosen, the program esentially locks up. Upon selection the proper hosted file, an hour glass appears for about 2 seconds and is then followed by the little network squigly and then it just sits there with no action. It acts as if it cannot make the network connection with the hosted file. All other clients are working properly.

I have uninstalled the program, FM 4.0, and reinstalled it 3 different times. Network protocols were checked and seem to be in good order (TCP/IP). The files are hosted by a server running NT and FM server 3.0.

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and it is great to have a list available such as this.

------------------

A. Travis Polland

FileMaker Developer

AT&T Broadband

Information Technology Solutions

5619 DTC Parkway, #439

Englewood, CO 80111

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 8606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.