Filemaker Pro 3.0 corrupt file

This topic is 8632 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have created a new database by copying and renaming an existing one. When I try to reopen the new database, I get a message that the file is damaged and cannot be reopened and needs to be "receovered". When I try to recover the file, I get a message that says I cannot recover the file unless I do so with the version of Filemaker Pro that it was created with. I only have one version (3.0) and all files were created with it - so, I don't understand this message and I cannot get onto the database. Someone please help! By the way this is on an iMac computer.

quote:

Originally posted by Dakota:

I have created a new database by copying and renaming an existing one. When I try to reopen the new database, I get a message that the file is damaged and cannot be reopened and needs to be "receovered". When I try to recover the file, I get a message that says I cannot recover the file unless I do so with the version of Filemaker Pro that it was created with. I only have one version (3.0) and all files were created with it - so, I don't understand this message and I cannot get onto the database. Someone please help! By the way this is on an iMac computer.

Do you still have access to the original database? Is it having the same problems? Perhaps you made a copy of it while the file was still open, and it had a lot of operations which were still in RAM and had not been written to disk, which may account for the corruption.

If you can, go back to the original database, and instead of using the operating system to make a copy, choose "Save a Copy As" from the File menu and choose either Copy or Compressed Copy. See if this works.

Chuck

This topic is 8632 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.