Server Maintenance This Week. ×

[MAC Only] powerful email solution using Applescript, XMail & 1 (or 3!) Custom functions

Thomas Seidler

This topic is 4911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

[color:red]Mac Only solution - uses applescript & open source osax to enable full featured email within FileMaker.

Ingredients: XMail 3.7 osax, Applescript, FileMaker (with custom functions: 1 for XMail & 2 extra dictionary/named parameter functions - u could easily switch with your own)

I see others still battling with similar issues. This solution allows HTML (and easy multiple attachments though I see a good post covering one dynamic attachment). Been upgrading my in house solution, and had to make it simple to implement for F11. So if anyone else wishes to benefit from the code, do so. I'm using Jean-Baptiste Le Stang's XMail Osax.

Couldn't post in the custom function sites because of dependencies - and dependent functions are not mine to upload (SFR first wrote the dictionary functions).

Explanatory article & demo file.

[color:red]Mac Only (cos of applescript usage).

Now if someone could do the equivalent on a PC (is it possible) we could merge them together and have an open source complete solution! Though I guess F12 will fix that.

Enjoy, Tom

This topic is 4911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.