Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Password Issue Conversion

MBakker

This topic is 4891 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, I have been using FMpro10 on my iMac to maintain a database i have inherited. As I needed to run the database on my notebook as well I bought Filemakerpro 11 and installed it on my notebook. Transferred the database via my iDisk but can't open it. It does not accept my username and password. I am still using the same file on my Imac with FM10 so I know it is correct. I know there are issues when connverting very old versions to FM11 but this database has been created in FM10. Any tips on how to open the database in FM11?

Hi, I have been using FMpro10 on my iMac to maintain a database i have inherited. As I needed to run the database on my notebook as well I bought Filemakerpro 11 and installed it on my notebook. Transferred the database via my iDisk but can't open it. It does not accept my username and password. I am still using the same file on my Imac with FM10 so I know it is correct. I know there are issues when connverting very old versions to FM11 but this database has been created in FM10. Any tips on how to open the database in FM11?

No, the file formats are the same. When you did the transfer via the idisk, it is possible that the file became corrupted. Also, the access privileges may be damaged in the file. Version 11 is more sensitive to this. What error message do you get when you try to open the file in Version 11?

Steven

• Like 1

This topic is 4891 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.