Safetynet Port Conflict On Snow Leopard Server

This topic is 4874 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess this is the wrong forum for this question, but for what it's worth I will share my work around...

I turn off iCal server, then restart the snow leopard server after shutting down fmsa gracefully. After the reboot (iCal server is off and can't grab the ports) Safetynet gets the port 8030 that it needs. Then i can restart ical server manually with no ill effects...

I just have to remember to do this each and every time the server is rebooted for any reason. This way I can keep safetynet plugin working and still have my iCal server running as always.

Charles

I guess this is the wrong forum for this question, but for what it's worth I will share my work around...

I turn off iCal server, then restart the snow leopard server after shutting down fmsa gracefully. After the reboot (iCal server is off and can't grab the ports) Safetynet gets the port 8030 that it needs. Then i can restart ical server manually with no ill effects...

I just have to remember to do this each and every time the server is rebooted for any reason. This way I can keep safetynet plugin working and still have my iCal server running as always.

Charles

Thanks for posting your workaround! ICal isn't supposed to use 8030, but I think that it might switch to it if one of its other ports is in use. I ran into another person who had this issue a while ago. The default ports for iCal are 8008 and 8443 (for SSL) so there SHOULDN'T be a conflict, but it looks like 8030 gets used some times.

This topic is 4874 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.