Filemaker Go And Linea Pro

This topic is 4902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have just purchased Filemaker GO and I am running it on an ipod touch. I am looking at various options for scanning barcodes into Filemaker Go. I have tried two, CNS Barcode and Pic2shop. Both can be easily scripted but are SO SLOW and also very difficult to scan the barcodes with. It requires a really steady hand.

I want to be able to scan warehouse inventory pulls and these soulutions are just too slow. I have looked at a few of the wireless scanners, but I don't want them juggling between the scanner and the itouch keyboard to enter quantities. The Linea Pro has the scanner inbedded which is why I like it, but they tell me Filemaker Go is not supported.

I am wondering who is in a similar situation and has any ideas or info. Money is an object so I had considered talking with an iphone developer to create some sort of interaction with the Linea Pro, but I feel it may end up being cost prohibitive. Linea Pro comes with a free SDK, but that is out of the scope of my skill set.

In the meantime, I am trying to design my Filemaker Go solution so that it only requires one scan and a quantity override only if they pull a quantity that is less than on the order. There is a scanner that has a wrist mount so that would make dealing with the screen a little less cumbersome.

This topic is 4902 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.