Server Maintenance This Week. ×

conditional value list web publishing

altouring

This topic is 4762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, new to Filemaker and these forums. I'm using Filemaker 10 Advanced. I have a conditional value list in a drop down that works great in Filemaker; however, when I tried to use the conditional value list through the web published version of my database it no longer works (that is, the conditional list is just empty). I guess this is due to the selection being local to the web-browser and not sent back to the server, so a related value list cannot be constructed for the secondary dropdown. Is there a way around this in the web interface? Can I fire off a script or something to get the related value list?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Newbies

Hi, new to Filemaker and these forums. I'm using Filemaker 10 Advanced. I have a conditional value list in a drop down that works great in Filemaker; however, when I tried to use the conditional value list through the web published version of my database it no longer works (that is, the conditional list is just empty). I guess this is due to the selection being local to the web-browser and not sent back to the server, so a related value list cannot be constructed for the secondary dropdown. Is there a way around this in the web interface? Can I fire off a script or something to get the related value list?

Thanks

FWIW, I found a work-around for this. Once the item had been selected in the primary dropdown, the user can submit the partial record and then get the related records in the secondary dropdown. Somewhat awkward, but it gets the job done (and makes sense when you think about how the web publishing interface works).

This topic is 4762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.