Linking to external folder from within a database record

This topic is 4801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I apologize for my ignorance. I've searched the world over and have yet to find a solution to this that I can comprehend.

I am using Mac OSX

I have a simple database for client contacts and job information. On my hard drive each client has his own folder with many Word documents, etc., relating to that particular client. I'm trying to find a way to be able to link to each client's folder from within each client's particular record so that it is easy to review and/or open whatever documents are needed at a particular time. I thought I could write a script to open a URL (in this case, the URL would be to the particular client's folder),but, I don't know how to write it so that it doesn't just open up the same folder in every client's record. Is there a way of writing a script that, when performed, would open a different folder depending upon the record you happen to be in at the time? Are there other ways of accomplishing this goal....linking to a different external folder from within client records? I'm willing to try third-party plugins if they will do the job, but, as of yet, I have not found any that accomplish what I'm looking for. Of course, it is possible that I don't really know how to use the plug-ins to their full potential.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

This topic is 4801 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.