How to use UUID on Filemaker Server (hosted?)

This topic is 4789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello all,

I'm a newbie to hosted Filemaker solutions. However, I have created a database that uses ScriptMaster's UUID feature.

I noticed that the UUID does not compute if the extension is not installed on the machine.

I've purchased Filemaker hosting from 360 Works, so I figured the ScriptMaster UUID feature would work. However, it does not.

Is there a step (using the Admin Panel or by making the function a part of my FM file) that I can do to make the UUID feature work? Or do I need to ask 360Works to install the ScriptMaster plugin for me? (Which they may not do...?)

Thank you,

Stephen

Can I ask a question here!

Does this mean that is the ScriptMaster plugin is in the Plugins folder in the wpc folder on FMS then the functions will work without being installed on the client machines? Seems unlikely but great if that is the case!

Tim

You are on top of it! Thanks, David!

• Newbies

I believe that you and I spoke on the phone about this issue, and I have added scriptmaster to your filemaker server web publishing engine for you to use with your solution.

David, the UUID still doesn't seem to be working.

I think I am using the UUID feature correctly, since it does work when I open it on a local Filemaker with the ScriptMaster extension. Is there a special step when running on IWP?

Thanks,

Stephen

This topic is 4789 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.