Run Shell Script won't return results

This topic is 4783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OSX 10.6 - FMPA 11v2 - ScriptMaster 4.122

IIf I use the Run Shell Script test in ScriptMaster DB, I do get the results displayed, but when in a script using a Set Variable [( Run Shell Script ( "my shell script" ; true ; 30 )] my results are "Executed shell command: my shell script". Not sure what I'm missing between the SM demo file and my script step?

The actual shell script is checking if a file is locked by being open in another application. So I'm first using Select File get the file path, then creating a script variable of the shell script with the path embedded. The final shell script looks like this:

fuser /Users/me/Desktop/test.xlsx | awk -F: '{print $NF}'

This should return a pair of numbers if the file is locked and a single number if it is not locked. Again, if I copy the shell script into the SM demo file it works great, but I don't get the same results when setting either a variable or a field.

can you post your script here? The result you're getting doesn't sound like something the module would return, so I suspect that something else in your script may be setting that message that you are receiving.

Sure, here is the script after I have loaded both the SelectFile and RunShellScript functions:

# Select file to test and create shell script

Set Variable [ $MySelectedFile; Value:SelectFile ]

Set Variable [ $script; Value:"fuser " & $MySelectedFile & " | awk -F: '{print $NF}'" ]

#

# Run shell script

Set Variable [ $runScript; Value:RunShellScript ( $script ; True; 30 ) ]

#

Exit Script [ ]

The value in $runScript ends up being "Executed shell command: fuser /Users/me/Desktop/test.xlsx | awk -F: '{print $NF}'"

Looking at the RunShellScript code it looks like the results I'm getting are when the waitForOutput has been set to false. I've tried quoting the true parameter, and using 1 instead of true - no difference. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, just not sure what that is!

OK - now I feel really stupid! I know I have tried using "true" a number of times, but now it's working. I guess it just needed your blessing!

Thank you (for the obvious, or what should have been)!

This topic is 4783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.