Multiple Windows misbehaving

brian rich

This topic is 4783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working in FMP11 Advanced on a Windows 7 client, working on a set of server hosted databases.

I'm using a generic print system where I put the page to print into a new window, and control page preview using a small preview control window with controls to browse pages, scroll, print and so on. The preview control window is presented with a pause/resume indefinitely script set in a loop construct with Allow User abort off; this means that this window will stay at the front and not allow direct interaction with any of the windows underneath until the user presses a button set to halt the current script when clicked.

Well so I thought - it turns out that you can bring one of the other windows further forward if you click on the window resize area at the bottom right of any visible window (the cursor will turn into a diagonal double headed arrow). The selected window becomes next to frontmost, still staying behind the small preview window.

Is this a quirk of FMP11, or Windows 7? I've never had this happen before and I've been using this kind of structure since FMP 8.5 without a problem. Any ideas how to stop this happening?

Thanks

Brian

This topic is 4783 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.