Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send mail on server corrupts PDFs

molletutu

This topic is 4782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello everyone.

I am trying to use Filemaker server 10 to send emails using the "send mail" function.

To do this i just transfer the pdf file i intend to send on the "filewin:/C:/Program Files/FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents/" folder and then run a "send mail" server side script to send the email with the pdf attached to it. SIMPLE!!!

Surprise! I get the script running correctly and i receive my emails. BUT the PDF attachment is always corrupted and i can't open it!

When i use the same script on a filemaker pro client software installed on other computers, everything goes fine and i can open the pdf correctly.

Using the same script on a filemaker pro client software installed on the same server computer also running the filemaker server 10 platform, everything also goes fine.

But it's when the server execute the exact same script that i get the corrupted pdf.

Anyone have any clue?

Thanks to all!

Perhaps there is a race condition occurring where the file has not completely transferred to the folder before the send mail step is attaching it.

Insert a pause for a couple of seconds before the send mail step to allow for the copy to complete.

This topic is 4782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.