Window not on Window List

brian rich

This topic is 4775 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a single Filemaker database that contains tables for supporting three separate but business-related databases, Loans, RMAs and Rejects. (This also links to a number of other legacy databases which support other aspects of the business.) I present these to the user in separate windows, so they see them as three discrete databases. I set the windows up with a set of script steps which test to see if the desired database is "open" and if not, set it up in it's own named window, then select an appropriate layout for that database.

selectWindowScript.JPG

This works most of the time, but now and again the window 'disappears' from the window list. In the attached example, you will see that the frontmost window is called 'Loans' but it doesn't appear on the list of visible or invisible windows, which means that the user can only select it if they can see it, or go back to the index and 'launch' it again.

LostWindow.jpg

If you tile or cascade the windows, it reappears.

My question is why is it not displaying?

Brian

There have been bugs with the display of window names in the Window menu under Windows. (I kid you not.) Make sure you version of FMP is patched to the latest.

This topic is 4775 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.