Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Store files on network share?

This topic is 4777 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello.

I have just installed SC for the first time on our FMS10 server. SC is running under FMS, and works when writing to its default directory. I tried setting the custom URL for file storage in the XML file to a newly created share on our network file server (Windows 2003 in a domain environment), but every time I tried to upload a file, I got the "Error 500". I understand this is a permissions error, but the only documentation I could find for fixing it referred to OS-X, so was not very helpful.

Can SC be set up to write its files to a network share instead of the local FMS server? If so, what are the correct permissions to set on the network share so that SC can write to it?

Thank you very much.

-Kevin

Yes, SuperContainer can store files at any path that it has permission to write to.

You will need to make sure that the user you are running SuperContainer as has permission to write to your network share. For example, if you are running SuperContainer as the user "Bob" you will need to make sure that Bob can write to the network share without having to enter another username and password. If you are running SuperContainer as part of filemaker server you will need to make sure the user you are running filemaker server as has write access to your network share (not the user you are logging in as).

SuperContainer is a very small application to run, so it may be easier to just run it on the machine you want to store the files on.

If you want to continue running it on a different machine and need help setting your permissions you can contact us with the information below and we can help you set up your network permissions as our rate of $165/hour.

This topic is 4777 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.