Self Sign SSL

This topic is 4747 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to connect to a e-mail server with a self signed certificat. I know this is not the best from a security point of view.

THe question is: Is this possible?

All I get is an error "sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target"

It's technically possible, but difficult to do and you have to do it on each machine you want to use this on. You will need to add your certificate to the java keystore. There are instructions for how to do this at various sites online, though I would definitely recommend using a regular SSL certificate instead, which will be a lot easier to do.

I agree that it is better to use the correct certificate. Unfortunately you can not always control it ....

Is it possible to build it as a option in the plugin to accept self-signed certificates or is it technical impossible? If possible, I like it in a future version.

Thanks for fast reply and a relay nice plugin.

Unfortunately this is not something we can build into the plugin, at least not with any sort of easy interface that would be much easier than doing it manually. This is something that you will need to modify on each client's java deployment.

This topic is 4747 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.