Problems with creating a runtime solution..?

This topic is 4726 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a FileMaker solution I've distributed as a runtime for quite some time now. I've never had any issues up until I started working with FM11. Seems like no matter what I try and I can't get things to work now.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate running FileMaker Pro Advanced 11.0v3 and I've also followed the instructions for the runtime library update here: http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7684/~/filemaker-pro-11-advanced-runtime-library-update.

So then I open up developer utilities and create my runtime solution by simply adding my FM solution and then choosing the option to Create Runtime solution. It creates my runtime solution for me and I end up with my collection of files as expected.

At this point, though, I try to run the executable and I end up with the attached screenshot error...

"The primary file "DEBUG" cannot be found and is required for this application."

Any information on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

error.jpg

Turns out the v3 updater includes the patch for the runtime files. Apparently applying that patch to v3 is what was causing my issue. I removed and reinstalled FM and then did the v3 updater only. Now when I do my runtime it seems to be ok.

This topic is 4726 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.