Problem Printing 2 Records Per Page

BobWeaver

This topic is 8443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Go into layout mode. Delete your header and footer. Go into layout setup (under the layout menu) and select fixed page margins. Set them all to zero. Make sure the ruler is showing, and drag the body part down until it is exactly 5.5 inches. Re-position your fields as necessary. This should get you close to what you want.

You may have to make the body part just a bit smaller if it tries to print one record per page.

Our school district uses a form, submitted monthly, for recording counseling sessions with students. Administration has asked us to duplicate the form then relate this new file to our records database. Printing the forms at month's end has created a small cosmetic problem I'm hoping you can help me with. The form, designed to fit on a half sheet of paper (8.5" X 5.5"), prints beautifully if you select "current record." The drawback is that you have to hack off the bottom half of each sheet. What we want, of course, is for two records to print per page, positioned so that we can simply slice each sheet after printing. What happens is the top record of each sheet looks perfect and the bottom record sits too high. If we fold the sheet in half, a portion of the second record (bottom of the page) is actually printing on the top half. Is there any way to layout a page so that the 2 records are positioned equally? I've experimented with headers (moves the top record too low) and footers (forces the 2nd record to print on another sheet of paper). Since the second record doesn't recognize the 1/2" top margin, it slides up and creates a problem. Is there any way to force the second record to print proportionately in the bottom half?

This topic is 8443 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.