Sliding in Title Header

Chuck

This topic is 8388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've got a report that has a title header that includes a description of what the report is covering. Below this description field are the column headings for the report. Since the description field could be long or short, I made enough room for it to be rather long and then defined the field and the column headings to slide up based on All above, and also reduce the size of the enclosing part.

When I view the report in preview mode, the description field does seem to slide up, because the column headings that are below it appear just below the text in it. However, there is a lot of space between the column headings and the rows of data in the body, which leads me to conclude that althought the field is reducing its own size and the column headings are sliding up, the title header itself isn't reducing in size.

On another part of the layout, the body, I also have a large field that slides, but it is successfully reducing the part as well. When I selected the sliding options for the items in the title header, the field and the column headings were selected.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck

I did check the help (again just now) as well as the manual, and can find no mention of such a limitation. I was thinking that this might be the case, but haven't been able to confirm it.

Chuck

In the Title Header

1. Make sure in layout mode that you have not left extra open space at the bottom of the part (bottom should be right below your column headings)

2. See if you have a line or some other field, graphic, etc. on the title header that is not selected to slide

(i.e.: col'n 1 col'n 2 col'n 3

______________________________ < line that is not sliding )

3. Make new layout w/ blank title header which is larger than the current one. In layout mode on your current title header select all fields, graphics, etc. you want on your title header. Copy, go to new layout and paste to title header. Bring bottom of title header up to bottom of column headings. Make sure description and col'n headings are set to slide & reduce all above. Test to see if everyting slides as it should.

If this solves the problem, you have something unidentified on your original layout that is not sliding. Simple to transfer header, body, etc. parts to new layout by copying and pasting.

This topic is 8388 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.