Sliding printing

johnbarnes

This topic is 8382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a service request form that has two fields (service request number, and service description) and I need to have space for the service person to write what has been completed. I need a line accross the page. So I made a couple copies of the description field (which may have one to six lines of text) and set the text color to white, set the bottom border line to black and set the sliding based on all above. Worked like a dream on my printer. When I installed on site, the laser printer would print the white characters over the black text. I sent the white fields to back, brought black text field to front and then made the white text fields transparent. Nothing has worked. Is there a way to slide a line based on just the description field, or is there a way to get the fields to not print the white characters.

I don't understand why you made two fields and tried to make one of them "invisible". If you need a line across the page why not format the service field's border (top or bottom) as a line (command "B") and set the field to slide and reduce in size. Perhaps I'm not getting the whole picture. Good luck. Greg.

Try this, it may work. In place of making the bottom border of the field black draw a line below the field and set both the line and field to slide up based on all above. Not knowing how your layout looks I can't tell if this will work or not but I did a sample of how I thought it would look and it worked for me.

Try this, it may work. In place of making the bottom border of the field black draw a line below the field and set both the line and field to slide up based on all above. Not knowing how your layout looks I can't tell if this will work or not but I did a sample of how I thought it would look and it worked for me.

This topic is 8382 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.