Wow---major printer crashes

Strad

This topic is 8378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hmmm----don't get it

I have a G4 with lotsa RAM allocated to FM -----to a HP Laserjet5000 series --with lotsa RAM running FM server over a TCP/IP network----most everything works great---I have a large color .jpeg (90 Mgs) that I have NO problem printing to any of my printers using Photoshop 6 or InDesign or other programs-----

Problem: When I import this large .jpeg file to FM for adjusting to specific layout it works fine ---UNTIL I try and print ---and then WOW ----super hard crashes---to printer and G4--- sometimes crashes---sometimes prints out blank paper--sometimes prints out a sheet with large letters that say "JPEG ERROR -53"

I have allocated much RAM to all programs---

Some suggestions out there??

When you refer to printer RAM, do you mean the printer's internal RAM, or do you mean the printer driver on your computer? When a desktop printer icon is created, the default memory for it tends to be on the low side, especially for graphic intensive print jobs. Do a 'Get Info' on the desktop printer icon and see what memory it has allocated. Increase as necessary. smile.gif" border="0

This topic is 8378 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.