Can see server, but not databases

This topic is 4596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi all,

I have one FileMaker installation that ran for a long time. It's running under Windows Vista

Recently, we had to reinstall one workstation, which needs to be able to access FileMaker data. The machine is installed with XP Pro, and FileMaker 11 client. When, on that particular workstation, we try to access the databases from the server, we can see the server, but none of its published databases. So I tried to access the database by using its URL (I copied the URL from a working workstation), and the workstation tells me that the database is unavaliable or absent

We desperately need to put this workstation back on track, but I have no clue on how to fix it.

Any clue?

Christian...

Hi all,

I have one FileMaker installation that ran for a long time. It's running under Windows Vista

Recently, we had to reinstall one workstation, which needs to be able to access FileMaker data. The machine is installed with XP Pro, and FileMaker 11 client. When, on that particular workstation, we try to access the databases from the server, we can see the server, but none of its published databases. So I tried to access the database by using its URL (I copied the URL from a working workstation), and the workstation tells me that the database is unavaliable or absent

We desperately need to put this workstation back on track, but I have no clue on how to fix it.

Any clue?

Christian...

What version of FileMaker Server is this where this problem is happening?

Steven

• Newbies

What version of FileMaker Server is this where this problem is happening?

Finally, I found out, with the help of FIleMaker phone support. It appears that, under unknown circumstances, a needed file in the client installation (server.pem, under the base directory level installation) does not installs. And that disallow database access. You still can see the server, but no files on it.

Copying this file another working installation fixes the problem.

Christian

Finally, I found out, with the help of FIleMaker phone support. It appears that, under unknown circumstances, a needed file in the client installation (server.pem, under the base directory level installation) does not installs. And that disallow database access. You still can see the server, but no files on it.

Copying this file another working installation fixes the problem.

Christian

That's why I was asking about the version, to recommend either this or the SSL fix if that turned out to be what was needed. Glad you're back up and running.

Steven

• 4 months later...

This topic is 4596 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.