Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Disabled Chust Menus

Chuck

This topic is 4696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

0 down vote favorite

I have a system that I've built that makes heavy use of custom menus in FileMaker. When I log in as full access, and install the menu set with these custom menus, they appear fine. However, when a non-full access user logs in, they're disabled. This includes most of the custom menus, but not all.

For example, I have left the File>Change Password option in and the user I'm logging in as has the permission to change their password, but the Change Password menu item is disabled.

Other disabled menus include those I've placed in the View menu to navigate to different sections of the system, such as Home, People, Companies, etc. The functionality of these items is duplicated in buttons, and they work, but the menu is disabled. The buttons are calling the exact same script with the exact same parameter.

Alternatively, the File>Close command is left in and is enabled. So both Close and Change Password are based on existing commands but one's enabled and the other isn't. I can't seem to find anything in common with the menus that are enabled vs. those that are disabled.

So, under what conditions will a custom menu item be disabled?

Thanks, Chuck

In the privilege set, make the the option "Available menu commands" is set to All. It's probably set to minimum or none.

That was it. tyvm. If you have a Stack Overflow account and want to answer the question there, I can give you the rep.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6474619/what-determines-when-a-filemaker-custom-menu-is-disabled

This topic is 4696 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.