Any simple e-mail templates out there?

dbandel

This topic is 7782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Help!

I am a newbie to FileMaker and am trying to figure out the best way to accomplish the following, if possible:

1) Enter data into an "data entry" layout such as names, e-mail addresses, and numerical data in separate fields.

2) Use the data from a single found record into several different "e-mail" layouts. I want to e-mail a layout with the text tool or by using merge fields (or something else that may work better) so that in effect I am using the data and "merging" it into a form letter of sorts.

I am using a PC and Eudora as the e-mail program. I have figured out how to use the Send Mail script step but am having trouble figuring out how to get all my data together in a properly formatted "letter" once it get to Eudora. Does anyone know of any templates that may accomplish this or something close? Thanks!

-David

• 1 year later...

Wow, this is an old post. But I'll reply anyway. We use a FileMaker plug-in called SMTPit (http://www.smtpit.com). It allows you to setup either HTML or plain-text email, and has examples for both.

Doubt you're still interested or even around, but I hate seeing unanswered questions!

This topic is 7782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.