Server Maintenance This Week. ×

status toolbar in runtimes

jonr

This topic is 4678 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Users of my runtime solutions (built in 8.5) are used to navigating between records by using the old book icon on the left. In FMP 11 it's on top – ok, I think they can handle that. But if I understand correctly, there’s no way to have the book icon (and slider) without also having other controls like New Record on the status toolbar. Sure, I can disable them by keeping the corresponding menus out of my custom menus (and in the case of Quick Find, turning it off on all my layouts, with yet another strategy necessary to disable the green found/omitted toggle). But they’ll still be there, confusing my users. In fact, they can right-click, select Customize and add yet more controls - even if I’ve done Show/Hide Status Area[Lock; Show]. Perhaps there are registry settings to specify whether individual controls are initially present (I haven’t found any), but users could presumably still customize the toolbar. (Anyway, registry manipulations don't help me with the Mac version.) I hope I’m missing something, because it seems I have two alternatives:

1. Show/Hide Status Area[Lock; Hide] and add something like the book control to about 200 layouts, or

2. Reconsider the move to FMP 11 (except for the Mac, where printing in Snow Leopard gives me no choice)

I was hoping to spend the summer making enhancements, not just preserving existing features. Someone, please show me the error of my ways.

This topic is 4678 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.