Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Runtime stopped working...?

ron G

This topic is 4449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have FM 11.03 ADV running in OSX 10.7

I created an app in OSX but compile it in Windows Vista as a runtime.

One of my users reports:

---------------------------

Filemaker Pro Runtime has Stopped Working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the

program and notify you if a solution is available.

--------------------------

The user is also running Vista.

When I run, in Parallels, the .exe everything works fine.

Whats up with this?

Thanks for reading..

• 6 months later...

I have a similar problem. I have a runtime app in FMP10. I have a significant number of users (over 1000 on all platforms) and this problem has just recently surfaced. The problem seems to happen in Win 7 & Vista.

My users get this same message when they try to save a 2nd record and my application closes. The 1st record saves just fine!! I only have 5 or 6 users who have experienced this problem and I am unable to replicate it on my Win 7 PC. In 3 cases, it appears that the problem started after the user downloaded some other software from the internet. When they uninstalled that program, my solution worked again. I still have 2 users currently that have this problem and we have not been able to fix it.

I had my users backup and delete my solution, then reboot the computer and restore from the backup. No luck with that. Where another computer was available, they could copy my app to the other computer and it worked fine. So, it is clearly computer-specific and (I expect) some sort of memory conflict.

Note: I have several database files in my solution and the problem only seems to happen with updates to some, but not others (but the same ones in all cases.) BTW...it is also causing the files to corrupt and need to run Recover command to fix.

This topic is 4449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.