Server Maintenance This Week. ×

U.S. Australia prices

ianbag

This topic is 4659 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have an early version of FM pro but with the new system for Mac (Lion) I find I have to replace it as it wont work on the new system.

I have downloaded a test copy from the internet which works OK on the old system and was offered a new copy for $299 US. I contacted

a local dealer and was advised that an Australian copy would cost me $499. The price difference seems unreal and I would like to know

can I use the US system in Australia and what is the difference between the two versions.

I assume that version 11 works OK with Lion is this correct?

Ianbag

There are 2 different questions here.

1) Will FMP 11 work with Lion? Yes, but there are some compatibility issues. An update is expected to be released August 2011.

2) Will a US version work in AUS? As far as I know, yes it will work. There is no difference. Just make sure that the version you buy is not an upgrade, and not an academic license. (A lot of internet sellers try to pass off academic versions as being "full" versions.)

The third question is: why is software more expensive in Australia despite the dollar being above parity? That I cannot answer.

This topic is 4659 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.