Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Lion and extern sql datasource

This topic is 4631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Last week we installed Filemaker Server 11 Advanced on a new MacMini running on Lion.

We also installed the latest version of ODBC manager and the Actual ODBC drivers and bought the licence from Actual.

Now when we open a database which connects to a extern sql datasource it takes a very long time to open this database.

We do get all the files back but when we do a search command or sorting command, records will completely disappear! The database empties out!

When we use the same setup with the same datasources on a MacMini using SnowLeopard there are no such problems.

Is there anyone having the same odd problems?

Rob

• Newbies

The problem has been solved by Jonathan from Actual Technologies

here is the solution:

---

Please use the Finder to locate this file:

/Library/Preferences/com.actualtechnologies.odbcdriver.atopnsrc.plist

If you find it, please use a text editor to open it. You should find your current license key inside.

If the file is not present, or it is present but does not contain the license key, please use the Terminal application (in /Applications/Utilities) to execute the following command:

sudo mv ~/Library/Preferences/com.actualtechnologies.odbcdriver.atopnsrc.plist /Library/Preferences/com.actualtechnologies.odbcdriver.atopnsrc.plist

(all on the same line). You will need to enter your admin password at the prompt.

Doing this will move the preference file from your home directory to a location where the FM Server has permission to access it.

---

• 3 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Rob,

I'm having the exact same/very very similar problem, and I'm working with Jonathan to resolve, to date, with no success.

My license was in ~/Library... only, not in /Library... so I tried you above approach - *big crashes*.

I've now had hard crashes 4 times in a row with the License plist in /Library... only.

The Console Crash log points to the ODBC Thread as the source each time.

I've rolled back to only having the plist file in the ~/Library/Preferences folder. Am waiting for the new (very fast!) Mac Mini to verify everything, and for my users to get back to work for a while... only then can I breathe...

Love to continue this topic - looks like Lion/Lion Server specific. Hate to make that fast little box look like the villain here... gotta be a solution.

With thanks,

AB

This topic is 4631 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.