Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Plugin not pulling message body

This topic is 4568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is a weird one. The plugin seems to be omitting the message body for most, but not all messages. When i try and import 12,000+ messages (all as one chunk or 100 at a time) the Text and HTML fields are only populated for 14% of the records (1653). I can't find any rhyme or reason as to why it is only those 1653 records. If I delete the records and re-run the script it is still only the same 1653 records.

The messages that do have a body are from mixed senders, to mixed recipients, using mixed clients. An email from person A to person be will be fine at 1:00PM but one from person A to person C at 1:01 is missing the body.

The from, to, cc, subject, messageNumber, sent, received, messageID, and uid flags all work fine. It seems to just be the one associated with the message body.

I've tried replicating a working message using TXT, rich text, and HTML formatted messages but all of my tests fail. I can't get a test message to work properly. I've also tried it server side and client side. Still the same.

HELP!

It is the same exact 1653 emails. It doesn't seem to be a numerical problem. I've confirmed that it is the same 1653 emails if I run the import all at once or if I parse them 100 at a time. It seems to be related to content or formatting or something similar.

• 1 month later...
  • Newbies

I am having this issue too...so far none of the test messages I have sent seem to have bodies from the plug-in's perspective. Everything else comes through fine. Is there a solution to this issue? (I have tried using the sample Email Client file included with the plug-in, too.)

• Newbies

I now have one message whose body has come through successfully...for no particular reason that I can tell...and the rest are still coming through with no body. So far there are 15 messages, only one of whose body came through successfully.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this, Debi. Please send an email to [email protected] and he'll be able to help you diagnose where the problem is. Please check and make sure that you're calling readmessagevalue for the correct part of your mail messges.

Have you tried this with our sample file? Do you experience the same issue with the sample?

This topic is 4568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.