Preview Mode Does Not Match Actual Output

Shields

This topic is 4601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a report that is causing printing problems.

The way this report works is that it gathers data from all over the system, and then creates individual report records ("BodyText," "BodyTextIndent," etc). Those records allow me to customize page breaks and easily set margins, etc.

However, the problem I am running into is that when we view the report in Preview Mode, it looks fine (sometimes it happens naturally, other times we have to use my system of Sub-summary page breaks - but that is not the issue here). Sometimes when we print out the report, the page break that is printed is not the page break that is displayed in Preview Mode.

It seems as though the printing process shrinks the margins of the layout by maybe 1/4 inch, at most. But that is enough to send the record on the bottom of the page to the top of the next page.

It's not a driver or printer issue, as this has happened on multiple printers from multiple machines, and it also happens when saving to a PDF.

If anyone has seen this issue before, I would appreciate any input you might have.

This topic is 4601 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.