Server Maintenance This Week. ×

.jpg files uploaded from container field are 0 kb in size

This topic is 4560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I have a container field that I've pasted a FileMaker 11 chart into. I now want to upload that as a .jpg file to my web host using a few other fields as variables to name the file and point it to the proper directory. When I attempt to do this it uploads a file to the proper directory with the proper name but the file is 0 kb in size.

What have I done wrong? I can export the field as a jpg using FileMaker's "Export Field Contents" step. Am I missing some sort of conversion step to actually convert it into a .jpg file? Thanks for any help you can provide. -Charlie

Screen Shot attached...

post-105531-0-35179700-1318980469_thumb.

I was able to reproduce your issue. I created a chart and drug it into a container then tried to upload it. The file was 1 byte large. Not quite 0, but close enough as to not make a difference. I have reported it to be looked at by a developer.

Yes, that's definitely the best way to get it done now. It should, however, already be able to upload in the way you specified in your script. I suspect I know what the issue is, but I can't give any sort of time frame on when it'll be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

To clarify the problem here: When pasting in graphics you are pasting in clipboard data, not an actual file. Because you don't actually have a file stored in your container there is nothing for our plugin to upload for you. When you save it and re-import it you are creating an actual file which can then be uploaded using the plugin.

This topic is 4560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.