SuperContainer does not start up automatically when I reboot my MAC server.

This topic is 4569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Two Questions:

1)I have FileMaker Server 11 running on my server and also SuperContainer. I can run the SuperContainerServer.jar file and get SuperContainer running just fine. However, what do I need to do so that SuperContainer will start up automatically when the machine reboots? Currently, I have to go back into the folder where .jar file is stored and run it every time the machine is rebooted. FileMaker Server 11 starts up automatically for me but SuperContainer does not.

2) When SuperContainer is started, a window opens up on the server to let me know it is running and shows the files that are being uploaded, etc. When I try to close this window, a message comes up that says that Supercontainer is closing in 15 seconds unless I hit cancel. I always hit cancel because I don't want to stop SuperContainer so the window continues to be displayed on the screen. Is there something I can do so that this window will not be displayed on my screen at all times?

Thanks for any help!

SW

Hey there Susie,

Alright, it looks like you are running the SuperContainer Server standalone version (SuperContainerServer.jar), which -does- require you (either manually or 'scripting' it to do so automatically) launching it each time. There are two recommendations on how to handle this:

1. There -is- an advantage to running the Standalone version of SuperContainer (SuperContainerServer.jar) on your Mac, which is what you are doing. When running the standalone on a Mac machine, you allow the use of a mac-specific feature that lets SuperContainer use native OS X image processing libraries to generate thumbnails of PDFs (as well as just about any other image type). If you want the SuperContainer standalone to run every time the machine is rebooted, you would need to set up some type of startup script to execute/run that SuperContainer standalone application each time. Note: with the standalone, you will continue to have the console window that will prompt you if you try to quit the server -- you CAN however hide the scree. (See "Option 1" in documentation: http://www.360works....n.html#section2).

* http://www.zimbio.co...tartup+programs

2. Alternatively you can install SuperContainer to run from FileMaker Server. In this way, you will lose the thumbnail renders, but you wouldn't have to manually launch the standalone (SuperContainerServer.jar) each time. This method of installation is easy as well and simply requires running the Installer.jar file that ships with SuperContainer (See "Option 2" in documentation: http://www.360works....n.html#section2)

Hope that helps Susie and thanks for using SuperContainer!

1)I have FileMaker Server 11 running on my server and also SuperContainer. I can run the SuperContainerServer.jar file and get SuperContainer running just fine. However, what do I need to do so that SuperContainer will start up automatically when the machine reboots? Currently, I have to go back into the folder where .jar file is stored and run it every time the machine is rebooted. FileMaker Server 11 starts up automatically for me but SuperContainer does not.

I added 'SuperContainerServer.jar' to the list of login items in the user account that is running FileMaker (in my case FMPA11). I have had solutions that are supposed to auto-load from the login list burp occasionally, but I have never had a problem with SC running from a reboot.

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 4569 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.