Stumped - Not able to access SC through FMP over network

This topic is 4568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I have been browsing this forum and found a lot of good tips but still haven't found a solution to my problem after deploying SuperContainer on our networked server. We are running FileMaker Server 9 (not advanced).

Installation via the installer.jar went fine; can access supercontainer via browser and tested uploading images to a custom file path to a volume on the server - this is the ideal location of the stored files - i modified the web.xml doc, and also added permissions on the volume/folder for fmsadmin group and fmserver user. Is there something else i should be doing here?

In the FM layout, the url in the webviewer is set to "http://ourserverIP:80/Volume/Folder/SuperContainer/Files"

In the webviewer status bar i always see "loading http...." and then it times out.

If anyone can give me advice on what to try and what is missing or wrong in this setup i greatly appreciate it! i tested it locally on my laptop and it went perfect. Now before purchasing i want to test on our server and here come the logjams...

You most likely have a firewall blocking access to your server. If you are using an external IP address make sure that you have the correct ports forwarded to your server machine if it is behind a router.

Also, you do not need to specify por 80, as 80 is the default web traffic port.

Thanks. I did discover that that the server's firewall didn;t have some of the ports needed for FileMaker Server, web publishing engine, etc. enabled. Once I did that the FMS admin console showed all running normal (which it wasn't before). I still couldn't access SC via the filemaker database over the network. I played around with port fwds on the router settings to see if that would change anything but it didn't.

I also realized i had installed version 2.792 and then used the installer for the upgrade to 2.82 and restarted. Now the FMS admin console shows problem connecting to server, and web publishing engine not running. If i try to access SC via browser to check, its says demo mode has expired. How can that be? I'm not quite clear on how demo mode works via FMS and if it can't be accessed through FMPro. Should i uninstall and reinstall SC?

Our products run in demo mode for two hours at a time. SuperContainer follows this rule as well. If you have installed SuperContainer as part of your WPE using installer.jar or windowsinstaller.exe then you will need to stop and start your WPE to reset the two hour timer. If you are using the stand-alone deployment using supercontainerserver.jar then you should quit and re-open SuperContainer to start the timer over.

Remember as well that the WPE deployment of SuperContainer runs on port 80, and the stand-alone deployment runs on 8020.

This topic is 4568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.