Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Issue with importing from ESS table

This topic is 4301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a FileMaker database that mirrors an SQL one on our website, and I've integrated the SQL database into the FileMaker one via ESS. All is working pretty well, but when I try to import a subset of records from the ESS table into the internal FileMaker table, it ingores the found set and imports all records! I was certain that I'd done this successfully before, but I'm a bit stumped now, and think that perhaps I was dreaming.

Is this normal behaviour, or should I be able to import a found set with no issues? If so, what could I possibly be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Kev

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Beverly,

Thanks for your reply. I didn't receive any notification of it (IP.Boards are infamous for this), hence my not noticing it before now.

I'm not sure I completely understand your answer. The imports I'm trying to execute are not scripted, but simply based on a particular found set in the ESS table, the records from which are then imported into the equivalent table in FileMaker. FileMaker's own documentation suggests that importing from ESS tables/sources works exactly like it does for native FileMaker tables/sources, so I'm still stumped as to why it doesn't work in this particular case. I'm using ESS tables in other solutions, but this is the only instance where I need to import into native FileMaker like this.

As soon as i can work out what ODBC authentication credentials I used ( :rolleyes: ), I'll try importing from an ODBC source.

Kev

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to add some further information to this topic. It seems that if the ESS table is hosted in a different file to the FileMaker table you want to import into it, it behaves exactly like another FileMaker table. If, however, the ESS table and the target FileMaker table are in the same file, the import step doesn't see the result set, only the entire table. Weird.

Kev

This topic is 4301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.