Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Noisy backgrounds at different pixel sizes

This topic is 4228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi folks, trying to find any reference to 'noise' or 'noisy' in the SuperContainer Forums with no success, hence this post:

-- Does anyone know how to combat this noise in the thumbnail files...? It only occurs at specific pixel sizings... that is, make it a few pixels bigger or smaller, and they go away - so something to do with the rendering/downsampling process... and, you guessed it, at the size most images appear on our web catalogue, a noticeable number appear like this.

I'm working off Mac Mini Lion Server, so using the Core Image Previews - and this file was a PDF, originally out of Illustrator. Happy to provide any/all specs on request.

Pre-emptively throwing it out there: please don't suggest to make a white background behind all artwork - we have many many thousands of live and legacy files!

With many thanks,

AB

post-89814-0-67247300-1329103155_thumb.p

• 7 months later...

I'm running into the same problem. Appears to be the same server configuration ... Mac Mini, etc. And the latest version on the server and user computer.

If I resize the web portal window, the noise in the background changes. Sometime dramatically where it even shows artwork from other files in the transparent area.

Has anyone resolved this yet?

post-102728-0-75014000-1349976892_thumb.

post-102728-0-80811000-1349976902_thumb.

This topic is 4228 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.