Client List for Invoicing

tangential

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I'm new to Filemaker, so forgive me if my terminology is a bit inaccurate. I'm using FMP 11.

I'm creating an invoicing database and having some issues with populating the client list dropdown. I used the "Invoices" starter solution as a base.

That's the background, on to the question. The client list is populated from the customer database and the list is constructed using the first and last name fields or the company name if no individual is identified. I believe the string looked like this:

First Name & " " & Last Name.

I wanted to display last names first, so I changed that string to:

Last Name & ", " & First Name

Which worked, except now the company names are displaying with the ", " also. ex. John Smith displays correctly as "Smith, John" but ABC Corp displays as ", ABC Corp" This tells me that the company field is replacing the absent first name field. My question is how do I get it to replace the Last Name field instead so that I can get rid of the ", " on the company names? Also, If I'm successful at relating the company name to the last name, is my list going to populate with "ABC Corp, " instead (because of the above string)?

Thanks in advance.

-Tangential

This topic is 4426 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.