Modify Privilege Sets on Shared File

Atalanta

This topic is 4416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I looked on the FM website regarding changing a privilege set while the file is being served and read this: "However, one user can define or modify accounts and privileges while another user is using them."

I took this to mean I can modify a privilege set on a server hosted file, whether or not someone is logged in.

I went to my hosted WO.fp7 file and went to MANAGE>SECURITY and went to change the privilege sets (I had "over done" the security and needed to make some things viewable). I made the changes and closed the file. When I opened the file to test, I still didn't have access. I opened it again as [Full Access] and the changes I had made were gone.

I tried duplicating one and making a new one to see if that would work. When I reopened the file to check, instead of two additional privilege sets, there were two blank lines with only up/down arrows.

I thought that maybe it was because someone was logged in, so I asked them to log out and tried, still no luck.

So, CAN I modify privilege sets on a served file or do I have to run it locally? I thought I had created the privilege sets originally when the file was shared.

File is hosted on a dedicated server with FMS11 (on a Mac) and I am using FMA 11 to do my developing (on Windows today).

Thanks.

Update:

I can modify the privilege sets - sort of

I go in, make a "little" change (like change the layouts to view all or change the records to yes for view that need to be viewed)

Close the file. Open the file. The "little" change sticks. Make another little change. Repeat a LOT until all the changes are done. (still working on getting all the changes in)

Someone else hinted that this is a bug in FM 11. If this is the case, it's not a nice one and needs to be cleared up.

Oh and for further clarity, I'm using FMA 11 v3

This topic is 4416 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.