Exit Record

This topic is 4462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We have a solution built for FM Go that will provide product detail for our operators. There is a single enterable field on the layout. The operator simply enters a code into that field and related data populates in other fields and portals. It works great....

The usability gripe is that there seems to be no way to tab out of the record causing iOS keyboard to retract. Hitting the Next button on the keyboard seems to cause the cursor to exit the field and then reenter it bringing the keyboard back up.

I've tried a script trigger that causes a script to run that commits the record but that also doesn't seem to work.

The only solution seems to be for the operator to tap else where on the screen causing the keyboard to retract. Its pretty inelegant.

Suggestions?

Hey Vaughan,

Thanks for those suggestions. Those two field formatting options are off. (Select on Entry and Tab to next field.) There are no script triggers.

I did try triggering a script that just commited the record thinking that would cause it to exit the record, which would cause the key board to retract. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work.

Something is up there though. When the operator hits next on the mobile keyboard, the cursor exits the field, the key board collapses for just a second, and then the cursor reenters the field and the keyboard pops again. (At least that is what I think is happening. Its fast so I'm not entirely sure.) There is only one enterable field on the layout so it would, I guess, be the next one in the tab order when nothing else can entered.

Its a stumper.

This topic is 4462 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.