Server Maintenance This Week. ×

ASCII PDF Attachments

hermanpeckel

This topic is 4430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Folks,

We are having random issues with a Filemaker email script that attaches a PDF of a quote to an email. 95% of the time they go through as they should, no problems. Occassionally however, different clients are getting this as their email -

------=_NextPart_000_017B_01CD0113.9FXXXA0

Content-Type: application/pdf;

name="REMOVED.pdf"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

Content-Disposition: attachment;

filename="REMOVED.pdf"

JVBERi0xLjQNJeLjz9MNCjEgMCBvYmoNPDwvUGFnZU1vZGUvVXNlVGh1bWJzL01ldGFkYXRhIDQg

MCBSL1BhZ2VzIDIgMCBSL1BhZ2VMYXlvdXQvU2luZ2xlUGFnZS9PcGVuQWN0aW9uWzYgMCBSL1hZ

WiBudWxsIG51bGwgMS4wXS9UeXBlL0NhdGFsb2c+Pg1lbmRvYmoNNCAwIG9iag08PC9TdWJ0eXBl

L1hNTC9MZW5ndGggMzI4NC9UeXBlL01ldGFkYXRhPj5zdHJlYW0NCjw/eHBhY2tldCBiZWdpbj0i etc etc etc

NOTE: I changed the filename to REMOVED for security reasons

There doesn't appear to be any pattern to it as far as I can see. We could run the Filemaker script again and the client would receive it ok. Also, in the person who ran the script's sent items, the PDF appears ok.

Any thoughts? Anything? I'm at a complete dead end here. Any help much appreciated!!

HP

Look like an ISP is spam or virus filtering, or maybe even just limiting attachments. Not much you can do other than upload the PDF to s sever and post a link.

Are you generating the eMail with attachment in the users local mailbox?

If so, perhaps the problem is occurring because the mail client is otherwise busy on a scheduled task like fetching mail, so the process of attaching the PDF to the new mail item is interrupted.

HTH

Brian

Thanks for the reply guys!

Vaughan - yeah, something seems to be happening to it along the way. The odd thing is that if she were to send it again, it would go through ok.

Brian - yes, the email is sent via the users mailbox. The thing is, in her sent items, the PDF appears fine.

It really has me stumped. Maybe this is more a general email question than a Filemaker specific one.

Yes... I built a bulk sms system for a client -- the text messages go to sms through an e-mail gateway. They refused payment, claiming it didn't work. I tested from my network and could find no problems. They claimed the it would stop after 100 emails but they had no problem with their normal e-mails from the office.

It turned out they were using gmail through the web browser, which is why they had no problems with their office e-mails, while FMP was sending to the ISP's mail server. The ISP had a 100 message per hour limit. :(

This topic is 4430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.