This topic is 8478 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

We're running FM4 on a mixed Mac and NT network.

Frequently while trying to import jpeg files we get the error message "unable to import jpeg XXX, error type 62".

We always (try) to check "store reference" to keep the FileMaker file size down, and it sometimes happens on very small jpegs, maybe as small as 40k.

This leads one to suspect that the memory partition on the client machine may not be enough. But no, this morning one Mac with 25Mb given to FM4 was unable to import a small jpeg, while another with only 8Mb given to FM4 managed to do so in the same file.

For the record the serving machine is a fairly high spec Pentium with 128Mb RAM.

Anyone know what jpeg error 62 is? Anyone know where I can get a list of the other jpeg errors?

tia

Michael

• 4 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by michael.boylan:

We're running FM4 on a mixed Mac and NT network.

Frequently while trying to import jpeg files we get the error message "unable to import jpeg XXX, error type 62".

We always (try) to check "store reference" to keep the FileMaker file size down, and it sometimes happens on very small jpegs, maybe as small as 40k.

This leads one to suspect that the memory partition on the client machine may not be enough. But no, this morning one Mac with 25Mb given to FM4 was unable to import a small jpeg, while another with only 8Mb given to FM4 managed to do so in the same file.

For the record the serving machine is a fairly high spec Pentium with 128Mb RAM.

Anyone know what jpeg error 62 is? Anyone know where I can get a list of the other jpeg errors?

tia

Michael

Michael,

We are having the same problem with jpegs. Except we get a jpeg #53 error. This seems to happen when the images we reference are >2megs.

I would be interested to hear any answers which you receive. Esp a list of jpeg errors and what they mean.

If I find any info I'll let you know.

This topic is 8478 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.