Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't authenticate via server in Separation Model based database

This topic is 4393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a two file solution, based on the data separation model, and am trying to deploy it via FileMaker Server 12. I've set up a custom privileges set in both files and applied it to the group "FMProUsers". However, when I try to log in as any of the users in the group I get the error

"Your access privileges do not allow you to perform this action."

This happens when trying to login to the interface file or the data file. I've tried assigning Full Access privileges to the group, and still get the same error.

I'm also getting the same error for accounts authenticating via Filemaker with permissions other than Full Access. (i.e. only full access privileges will open the database.)

I've got identical security settings in a single file database hosted on the same server as the above solution. External server authentication is working fine for the single file database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tom

You're on a Mac. What account and password are you authenticating into the database with?

Things that need to be in oder to get EA working:

FMS configured to use EA.

Host computer set up to authenticate against AD/OD or use host's local accounts

Users and groups set up in the AD/OD or host's local accounts

EA account in the FMP database matches the EA group name

Database is opened with correct account name and password.

Note also the authentication order for external authentication: if a user named "admin" opens a database then the account that is used for authentication will be...

internal account inside FM file named "admin"

account on host computer named "admin" linked to EA group

account in AD/OD named "admin" linked to EA group

There are a few ducks to get lined up before external authentication works correctly. Once done it's fabulous but can take a while to get there particularly the first time. :D

A little more googling and I turned up this old topic. http://attic.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/216837/pid// I had not enabled Access via Filemaker Network in the extended privileges for the privilege set.

Thanks for the replies. It seems like 90% of my challenges/problems with FileMaker come down to missing one small detail like this.

This topic is 4393 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.