Upgrade to 2.863 stops Portals working

This topic is 4371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello

I have upgraded my installation of SuperContainer on my mac-server to 2.863. Installed with filemakerserver.

On the client I use autoupdate of the SuperContainer plugin so the users are all uppdated 2.863

When the clients update the wieving of portal containers stop working. I only get an ERROR instead of the picture.

If I reverse a clients plugin everything works again.

Any suggestions on where to start looking

JOnny

Hey Jonny,

Interesting behavior. You wouldn't perhaps be located outside of the U.S and using a date format other than the U.S date format? Also, are you making sure to set your base URL prior to using any SC Companion plug-in functions?

Ex: SCSetBaseURL[ "http://yourserver.com/SuperContainer/Files"]

I am inclined to believe this issue you're experiencing has to do with an issue in our latest version of SuperContainer.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Hello

Yes, I am located outside US, on the Åland island between Sweden and Finland, of course using a non us date format. Somewhere when looking for errors I remember some lines of log saying something about dates. I have to look in to that and give more info.

The thing is that if I use the 2.863 version of the plugin only an ERROR sign is displayed.

If I switch back to version 2.852 of the plugin everything works nice.

I can switch back and forth between these two versions and it works with older but not the newer.

So all scripts, relations and setting of BaseURL is ok and is not altered when switching plugin version.

Something has changed in the plugin between the version 2.852 and 2.863 thats causes this error, as everything else is unchanged.

I will come back when I have checked the date format.

Ok, it seems to be related to the date format. On the client I get the following error in the plugin log:

ALLVARLIG: PluginFunction PluginFunction{name='SCGetContainer', functionID=-9275, minArgs=1, maxArgs=5} got an error with converted args [FOF/2350, 147, 86, 0, 0]

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.text.ParseException: Unparseable date: "Fri, 18 May 2012 10:36:10 GMT"

Any suggestions?

Yes, download a fixed version of the plug-in from the following link:

http://atlas.360works.com:8020/SuperContainer/Files/SC2.863fix

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and/or your users,

i have the same configuration with SC and the portal-problem since Version 2.863 - my location is outside U.S.

I have tried the Version-Fix, but still the error-display and no picture.

Any idea… ?

Hmm, not sure. Did you update both the SuperContainer Server and the SuperContainer Companion plug-in? You would need to update both for the change to be successful.

This topic is 4371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.