Transfer PDF to FMGO

This topic is 4350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are building a solution where users are uploading pdf files via IWP using SC plugin. The next step is the user will download all the data to FMGO (records and PDF files) and will perform inspections offline with no internet access. The part I'm having problems with is importing the pdf files from the server to the ipad using FM GO. We have all the data copying over but lost on importing the pdf file. Has anyone done this or any suggestions?

No plugin functions -- 360works or not -- will work on iPhones/iPads as no plug-ins can run on FMGo.

Hope this helps clarify the transfer issue of PDF files to FMGo. You can however view files in a Web Viewer that have already been uploaded to SuperContainer, just fine in FMGo. Just the use of any plugin is not supported.

How about this. Can I take the uploaded file in a SC container/Web viewer and embed it into a standard FM container?

I'm thinking once the file is in a standard container field I can transfer it too the ipad.

In FileMaker Pro client/IWP/Server scheduled script, sure. Just use the SCGetContainer() plug-in function to do this. If the device (i.e, FMserver/FMpro) can utilize plug-ins, then it can use the SCGetContainer() function.

Regards,

How do I utilize the plugins when the file is hosted on a server? Currently the file is hosted on a FM 12 server and I'm able to use the plugin to upload but whenever I call a plugin (SCSetBase or SCGetContainer) I get "This function cannot be found". The end result for us is the users will be using IWP and is this an installation issue or IWP cannot use the plugins?

This topic is 4350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.