Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Making shared files 'invisible' during development

This topic is 4325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm developing FMP applications in a small company which uses FMP11 Server Advanced in a Windows Environment to support nearly 100 legacy FMP databases.

I'm carrying out some rebuilding and consolidation on local copies of these databases running on my computer which is - normally - logged onto the the domain so I have access to the internet, local file servers and so on. The problem is that all of these databases are set to share on the network by default, so if I open a local copy on my computer, it presents itself on the network as a shared database and will attempt to locate the networked server versions of the files rather than my local ones. At the moment, the only way around this is to physically unplug my computer from the network whilst I'm working.

Is there a way I can make these local files invisible to the network without having to go through each file and change the sharing settings?

(I am running W7 Professional and the domain is managed using a Win 2008 Server)

Thanks

Brian

The external references should look like this:

file:filename

... nothing else. Then they will only look for the files locally -- literally in the same folder.

To be safe, disable the file sharing in your copy of FMP.

• Like 1

This topic is 4325 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.