Web server & FM Pro Unlimited

SteveK

This topic is 7480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have set up an Apache Web server running on a Mac OS X server and I have installed the Filemaker web connector. After following the instructions I have been asked to type the URL http://127.0.0.1/FMPro?config to set up the web connector on the server. When I type this I get the message "Not found. The reported URL/FMPro was not found on this server. Can anyone help.

Refer to this thread:

http://www.fmforums.com/ubb/Forum5/HTML/000057.html

It might deal with IIS; however, there are several setup items that must be done before you can user Web Server Connector.

Web Server Connector and Apache are both setup to use port 80. Only one can use port 80, so you will need to setup Web Server Connector for port 591. More included in the tread.

------------------

Thanks,

Kevin

Yahoo! Messenger: prof_bunsen

This topic is 7480 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By CLL
      We have a small web site using WebStar 4.3 and Filemaker 5 unlimited/web companion with a few custom published web pages for searching for classes in a catalog.
      For some reason, Filemaker unexpectedly and seemingly at random, "disappears". IE it does not show up in the finder, but when I try to restart it I get the "too many licensed users" (we have only one license for unlimited) and I have to restart the machine.
      I have enabled the error logs to see what pages are being used when it crashes, and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. No consistent searches being performed. The interval between crashes ranges from a few hours to a few days-- it doesn't seem to be dependent on load either, in that it happens sometimes with almost no accesses and at other times after a long period of high access.
      This is driving me crazy! I have: run tech tool pro and cleaned/scanned/defragged the disk, moved from os 8.6 to 9.0x, tried on two completely different machines (one G3, another G4), tried opening the db's locally and from a Filemaker 5 Server machine, disabled all plugins that were not necessary for the operation.
      I am running out of options. This is a pretty stock setup and I have to believe that someone out there has experienced similar problems.
    • By Randy Abulon
      Has anyone tried the connector on Windows 2000 and had some success with it? The company I work for just got FMPro5 Unlimited, but we mostly a Win2K shop; including the intranet server... How do I make it work?
    • By upwood
      After some time (seems time is random) Filemaker will generate an error of "Database Not Open" when users try to connect to the web front-end I have created (when, in fact, when I look at the console, FMP is maximized and running-all DBs ARE open, I can perform things on the open DBs from within FMP itself). I'm running Filemaker 5.0V3 (unl) and web connector 5.0V6 under Win2kpro.
      Has anyone seen this before? Once any user gets this error, the web front-end is useless (for everyone) until I restart Filemaker. This is a major concern! Please Help
      Addition: It appears that whenevr this happens this appears in the web connector error log: [28/Dec/2000:15:58:28 -0500] HTTP session disconnected.
      Any ideas?
      [This message has been edited by upwood (edited December 22, 2000).]
      [This message has been edited by upwood (edited December 29, 2000).]
    • By OSXS
      Dear all:
      I would like to use the custom web publishing features of FM Pro Unlimited, using CDML. However, I am unable to find a reference of CDML Tags on the FM site (I always get errors when trying to search the tech info knowledge base). Could anyone refer me to a source?
      Also, does anyone know of a good CDML-tutorial? I don't seem to be able to find anything of that sort as part of the FM Pro Unlimited electronic documentation.
      Any help would be highly appreciated
      Cheers,
      Ron
    • By Vaughan
      FileMaker Inc recommends (and has reserved) port 591 for Web Companion. Try that.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

2 members have viewed this topic:
    Howard LeCanard  Rev Zim 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.