Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows NT & FMP4

PhilD

This topic is 8654 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a problem when starting FMP - it displays Successfully Loaded TCP/IP then hangs for about 10 minutes. Task manager shows that FMP is using all available cpu time.

Has anyone seen this before and know of a fix?

Thanks

Has this always been a problem, or did it occur after applying Filemakers 4.2 or 4.3 patch? We have run FMP 4 on our NT Workstations with no problems except when we apply the 4.2 or 4.3 patches.... Try reinstalling FMP without the patch. .. We have found that in general, Filemaker releases these patches with either little or no beta or their using inexperinced beta testers.... either way, tread carefully!

• Newbies

I am having a similar problem with the File Maker application taking about 5 minutes to load and the performance to be very poor. I have 20 other PC's with the same config and no problems. This is FMP 5.0.3 on NT 4 SP6. Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Uninstall Filemaker(from ad remove software), Navigate to Filemaker folder and delete the folder, empty trash, copy contents of cd to a temp folder, go into safe mode, then reinstall Filemaker. This will get you as clean an install as you can get. It should resolve the hanging when launching.

Hope this helps.

Beltro

This topic is 8654 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.