Server Maintenance This Week. ×

HELP! Problem installing WSC 5 for NS on NT4.0

kenteroo

This topic is 8578 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I get the following error when attempting to install WSC 5 on my machine:

FileMaker WSC 5 is already installed. If this message is not true then check the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFileMaker Inc.FileMaker WSC 5 - Netscape Enterprise

Remove any keys under this entry for servers which no longer have FileMaker WSC 5 installed. These keys have the form https-<server name> for Enterprise servers.

1) This entry does not exist

2) WSC is not installed

3) This occurs on machines that have never had filemaker or Netscape Enterprise web server installed upon them

4) FileMaker as a company is useless when it comes to tech support (IMHO)"Try IIS instead" is a really not a solution to this.

5) This is either a situation where AntiVirus is interfering or Netscape Enterprise Server 4.1 is not supported. The FileMaker website is, of course, useless. The don't mention Web Server Connector anywhere on the site even though I have a CD devoted entirely to it.

I asked them "Can I just get the NSAPI Plug in and a list of what entries I need to add/change in the obj.conf file?" and the guy helping me almost laughed as if that were the most remote possibility imaginable. I guess we know why he's in tech support... I guess that's not cool, I take it back. It's a thankless job, admittedly.

Could it be that NES 4.1 has built in servlet support and this is what the installer is barfing on? Or might it only be checking for NES 3.0 - 3.61 and simply returning this lame error as a last resort?

Many Thanx,

Kent

[This message has been edited by kenteroo (edited October 24, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by kenteroo (edited October 25, 2000).]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Only NES 3.6.3 is currently supported.

quote:

Originally posted by kenteroo:

Hi,

I get the following error when attempting to install WSC 5 on my machine:

FileMaker WSC 5 is already installed. If this message is not true then check the following registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREFileMaker Inc.FileMaker WSC 5 - Netscape Enterprise

Remove any keys under this entry for servers which no longer have FileMaker WSC 5 installed. These keys have the form https-<server name> for Enterprise servers.

1) This entry does not exist

2) WSC is not installed

3) This occurs on machines that have never had filemaker or Netscape Enterprise web server installed upon them

4) FileMaker as a company is useless when it comes to tech support (IMHO)"Try IIS instead" is a really not a solution to this.

5) This is either a situation where AntiVirus is interfering or Netscape Enterprise Server 4.1 is not supported. The FileMaker website is, of course, useless. The don't mention Web Server Connector anywhere on the site even though I have a CD devoted entirely to it.

I asked them "Can I just get the NSAPI Plug in and a list of what entries I need to add/change in the obj.conf file?" and the guy helping me almost laughed as if that were the most remote possibility imaginable. I guess we know why he's in tech support... I guess that's not cool, I take it back. It's a thankless job, admittedly.

Could it be that NES 4.1 has built in servlet support and this is what the installer is barfing on? Or might it only be checking for NES 3.0 - 3.61 and simply returning this lame error as a last resort?

Many Thanx,

Kent

[This message has been edited by kenteroo (edited October 25, 2000).]

This topic is 8578 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.